On behalf of The Lower Lab PTA Pledge Drive Committee, welcome to the 2020-21 academic year at PS 77 The Lower Lab School.
While this year will be unique and unprecedented in its format and its challenges, The Lower Lab School PTA’s goal remains the same: to build a strong school community and support our children’s education. It is especially important that the PTA provides the support to assist our staff and students in enhancing their learning experience, both in person and remotely.
This year, our primary objectives to be funded in part or completely by the PTA include:
- Assist the Lower Lab School’s remote learning capacity with funds to recruit AT LEAST THREE additional certified teachers and several teacher assistants.
- Provide opportunities for our staff to take professional development classes to support and elevate both in person and remote learning.
- Provide enrichment programs including Latin, Architecture, Technology, Chess, Math Club, Wingspan, and more, for students in every grade in both blended and remote learning cohorts.
- Additional funds to promote equity and social justice learning in our curriculum.
- Strengthen the focus on social and emotional learning for our students.
- Keeping high standards in safety for both staff and students, educational enrichment, and responding to school needs as they arise, including PPE if necessary.
With much deliberation, we are increasing our suggested donation to $1,500 per student, which may help us meet the funds required for this academic year’s PTA budget of nearly $400,000. We understand that everyone’s finances are different. To that end, any amount you can contribute is appreciated and will be put to good use. Make a one-time contribution or smaller recurring donations.
DONATE NOW TO THE LOWER LAB PLEDGE DRIVE 2020-21 and help in our mission to inspire our community. The Lower Lab School PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Easily double your donation to the PTA with minimal effort through your employer’s Corporate Matching Gifts Programs. Donate, send us your forms, and we will do the rest! Reach out to us with any questions or donations by check or appreciated stock at email@example.com
Shweta Kulkarni, Amanda Knapp
Pledge Drive Parent Volunteer co-chairs