The primary purpose of our PTA is to build a strong school community and support our children’s education. These efforts would not be possible without the help and financial support of our parent body. Your contributions to our Annual Pledge Drive covers many of the larger expenses our PTA has committed to pay that impact our children daily.
The Lower Lab School PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible. It’s so easy! Make a one-time contribution, or have your donation broken up into recurring monthly installments – the choice is yours.
Don’t forget to double your money with minimal effort: If your employer has a matching funds program, the HR office can provide you with the forms you need to have your tax-deductible donation to Lower Lab matched. For stock donations, contact Shweta or Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some areas that are funded in part or completely by the PTA include:
- Teaching Assistants in all grades as well as in the Art and Science rooms
- Enrichment programs in every grade (including, but not limited to: architecture, chess, Wingspan Arts, Symphony Space, Leadership and Debate, and National Dance Institute)
- Teachers’ professional development
- Music and Technology education in all grades; Dance in lower grades
- Latin in grades First through Fifth
- Social-emotional learning programs (i.e., peer mediation, anti-bullying education)
- Recess and gym equipment and so much more…
There is a suggested donation of $1,250 per child which helps us to pay for more than we can list here. However, we understand that everyone’s finances are different.
Our objective as a community is 100% PARTICIPATION; if every family gives an amount their personal situation allows, we WILL achieve that goal. A greater participation rate binds us as a community to know that we all did our share to reach this important goal and can aid in qualifying for grant money. To that end, any amount that you can give is appreciated and will be put to good use.
Before the school year even begins, the PTA spends over $130,000 to cover salaries and other expenses. We need to raise money to cover these outlays as well as funds to pay for the remainder of the school year’s budget. Accordingly, if you are able to contribute early in the school year, we would greatly appreciate it.